Tips and Tricks on Apple TV
By : Mohamed Akram
January 3, 2017
The future of television is here.
And that future is apps. Think about it. You already use apps to watch TV on your mobile devices and computers. With Apple TV, apps have liberated television, letting you choose precisely what and when you want to watch. Built on a powerful platform called tvOS, Apple TV lets you interact with your TV in completely new ways. Use the remote to find just the movie or TV show you’re in the mood for. Or turn your living room into a game room, fitness studio, or classroom. This is Apple TV. And this is where television is headed.
Some tips and tricks on using Apple TV:
- You can use Siri to rewind and fast forward, just hold the Siri button and say something like “fast forward four minutes and thirty seconds” and Apple TV will do it for you.
- You can even say something like “what did he say?” while watching a movie and Siri will rewind 15 seconds and if available will put subtitles on for that second.
- Let’s say you are in the middle of searching in the App store and you decided to watch Netflix. Just tell Siri “Open Netflix” and it will jump right to it.
- If you are watching a movie or a TV show you can ask Siri things like “who stars in this?”, “who directed this?” or “what is this rated?” and the answer will come to you automatically.
- While watching a video you can tell Siri to turn on or off subtitles or play from the beginning.
- If you were in an app like Netflix try to say something like “play an episode of arrow with John Barrowman”, however if you were in an app like YouTube ask Siri to search for videos name.
- In fact you can use Siri for nearly everything, ask Siri for how a certain stock is doing?, what the weather is?, the latest sports information and even idea for what to watch.
- Sweeping down from the touch pad reveals a menu allowing changing most of your audio settings, if the movie you are watching supports multiple languages you can change that from it. the reduce sound option attempts to keep sound levels equal, great for these movies with sudden explosions or commercials that has a higher volume level than what you’re watching.