9000$ Gaming Laptop, The Predator
By : Mohamed Akram
January 26, 2017
Today we’re gonna overview a project that seems very impossible to create,
but now that the 9000$ gaming laptop from Acer has been available for reviewers for a while and will hit the store very soon,
We would say it’s possible but not really sure if it’s practical.
- 21-inch screen, 21:9 aspect ratio, 2,560×1,080-pixel resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate
- 2000R curved screen
- Nvidia G-Sync
- Tobii Eye Tracking
- Two Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs
- Seventh-gen Intel Core i7-7820HK (overclockable) CPU
- Can store up to five storage drives at a time
- Two power supplies to run
- Five system fans
- Nine heat pipes to stay cool
- HDMI port and two DisplayPorts
- Four speakers and two subwoofers
- Mechanical keyboard uses Cherry MX switches and has an RGB LED under every key
- SD card reader
- 19.4 pounds (8.8 kilograms)
The Flip Pad
In case that’s not enough for you, the laptop’s touchpad can also be flipped over to be used as a numeric keypad, as shown below. If you’re currently frothing at the mouth, you’ll have to wait a little to get your hands on one.
And here appears the small downsides of this incredible machine,
It’s freaking HUGE it has 21-inch screen and weights about 8.8 KG, it’s has earned the predator tag.
but when you look at it with a conventional perspective it’s really hard to maintain,
your everyday laptop bag won’t fit the mission of carrying such a monster you will huge case for it which won’t be easy to carry either.
also the huge weight means that it will be hard to maintain as it’s ability to withstand “accidents” won’t be that good.
Our final judgement for this machine:
it’s something really cool to have specially if you’re a hardcore gamer,
it creates a dogma around you that assures you had earned the “hardcore” title,
but we’re sure if this is the best way to spend 9000$,
this machine is made more for show off than usability but still the most amazing machines were created with that mindset.